Instagram currently has over 2.5 Billion users worldwide, and it is a major platform for sharing photos, videos, and even businesses to bring traffic to your website. However, to access Instagram's API and retrieve data from the platform, you will need an Instagram Access Token. It is an essential component used by developers to integrate their app with the Instagram API and access data.
In this blog, we will learn everything we need to know on how we can get the Instagram feed access token by following a few simple steps. With the help of an Access token, you can retrieve product images directly from Instagram and display them on your website.
This is not all. There are a lot more advantages to these tokens. Keep reading to know more.
We will now look at all the steps to add Instagram feed with your TYPO3 site before that we need to get an Instagram Access token. It might take a while since the terms and the steps might be new to you. Hence, make sure to follow each step carefully and integrate your app or website into Instagram API.
1. Create a Facebook Developer Account
The first step here is to create a Facebook developer account and then proceed with the steps we have mentioned below.
You can also use your already registered Facebook account and use the same for this purpose. Or else, here is how you can create another.
- Visit the official Facebook Developer website.
- Now, click on Log In at the top.
- In the next window, choose to Create New Account
- Enter all the details needed and choose Sign Up.
Once you are verified by your email ID or your phone number, you can now open the developer website and log in to your account.
2. Create a New App
Now, we will be creating a new app to your developer account and then proceed with getting the access token. Here is how you can do it.
- Visit the official Facebook Developer website.
- Click on My Apps on the top list of menu options.
- Now, choose to Create App on the screen.
- Scroll down and choose None, and click on Next.
- Enter the app name under the “Add an app name” option and also your email id. Then click on Create App.
- For security reasons, re-enter your Facebook account password.
You have successfully created a new app on your developer account. The next step from here is to configure Instagram Basic Display.
3. Configure Instagram Basic Display
Here, before we can set up the Instagram basic display, we need to add a platform, such as a website or an app, to integrate with the API.
- Now, on the next window, choose Settings and click on Basic.
- Scroll down and click on Add Platform.
- Select whether you want to add a website or an app and select accordingly
- Enter the URL for your site and click on Save Changes.
- On the left menu options, choose Add Product.
- Scroll down and look for the option Instagram Basic Display. Click Set up below it.
- Again, in the next window, click on Create App.
- You can choose the Display Name here and click on Create app.
- Enter the website URLs in the three spaces here and click on Save Changes.
4. Generate Your Instagram Access Token
We will now finally move on with the steps to access the Instagram token. Do not exit the page you are currently on. Keep following the steps below.
- Click on Add or Remove Instagram Testers.
- Scroll down and click on Add Instagram Testers.
- Here, you can add the username of the tester and then submit it.
- You need to verify your account. Click on Apps and Websites and you will be redirected to verify it. (Make sure you are logged in to that account)
- Under the Tester Invites section, click on Accept.
- Get back to the Facebook page. Click on Instagram Basic Display and choose Basic Display.
- Under the Use Token Generator section, click on Generate Token.
- Log in to your account and choose Media. Click on Allow.
- You can now see the token generated on the Screen and then copy it.
That is all. The next step you can take is to use that token for whatever purpose you are looking for. Similarly, you can keep using the same series of steps and create an Instagram token.
If you're looking to add an Instagram feed to your website, the FREE TYPO3 Instagram feed extension is the perfect solution. With this easy-to-use extension, you can showcase your Instagram feed directly on your website, providing your audience with a seamless and integrated experience. The TYPO3 Instagram feed extension offers a range of customization options, allowing you to personalize your feed and match it to the look and feel of your website. Plus, with its user-friendly interface, you can easily manage and update your feed, ensuring that it stays up-to-date with your latest posts. So why wait? Start using the TYPO3 Instagram feed extension today and take your website to the next level!
In conclusion, generating an Instagram feed token is a relatively simple process that can help you display your Instagram content on your website or app. By following the steps outlined in the Instagram Developer Documentation, you can create a developer account, register your application, and generate a token that will allow you to access your Instagram content. It's important to note that Instagram has recently updated its API and token generation process, so be sure to check the latest documentation and guidelines to ensure that you're following the correct procedures. With a valid Instagram feed token, you can create engaging and visually appealing feeds that will enhance your online presence and help you connect with your audience.
hope you like the blog, don't forget to share with your pals, and feel free to add comments in case if any question you have!